Saturday, June 1, 2013

Blog 26: Senior Project Reflection


(1) Positive Statement
Honestly, I'm mostly proud of the fact that I was able to pull it off. When I came here Junior year, I had little to no experience doing presentations. My senior year was my first year ever doing presentations like this, let alone making my first power point ever. I was really nervous & anxious that I would mess up in some way, & I actually did at some points. But I made my minimum & I'm honestly just really proud of the fact that, I did it.

(2) Questions to Consider

a. I would honestly maybe give myself an AP/P.

b. Overall, I think a P.

(3) What worked for you in your senior project?
What worked for me the best during my senior project was the fact that I never got bored of my topic. Especially when my focus turned more into drug addiction, my senior topic became into something that never had too much information. I was constantly finding something new & that really helped with things like, my mentorship, my iSearch & my interviews.

(4) (What didn't work) If you had a time machine, what would have you done differently to improve your senior project if you could go back in time?
I probably would have started preparing for my two hour presentation months in advance because I'm aware of my disadvantage among the rest of my fellow seniors.

(5) Finding Value
My senior project has given me the opportunity to explore my career choices in the field of LCSW. At my mentorship, if it weren't for my senior project, I would not have been offered a future position as a drug counselor after my schooling. It has also helped me reflect upon myself in many different ways. One of the ways being, it has made me be more aware of the taxing burdens I would face as a counselor or therapist. This whole experience helped me get my feet wet for what my education would be like when I go off to San Francisco state to major in Psychology & Social Work.

No comments:

Post a Comment