Monday, May 20, 2013

Blog 25: Mentorship

  • Literal
    • Mentorship Log
    • Sandra Perez / Kele Stahl of the Pomona Community Crisis Center, 9096231588
  • Interpretive
    • The most important thing my mentorship gave me was the first hand experience working with drug and alcohol addicts. I was able to observe their habits & behaviors first hand & I got to see how counselors reacted on certain occasions. An example of this would be when a client came up with a dirty drug test after being sober for a certain amount of time. I was able to see the steps the counselor took in modifying or helping the client get back on track to sobriety. Being able to work with my mentor & work with the clients so closely was a big advantage.
  • Applied
    • My nine month experience at the Pomona Community Crisis Center helped me answer my EQ because of my experiences. I was able to learn something new each day but still be able to identify the consistencies that took place each day, such as the counselor's main goal, which was use the best of their abilities & resources to help an addict reach their goal of sobriety.

No comments:

Post a Comment